From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Java script)
|Designed by:||Brendan Eich|
|Developer:||Netscape Communications Corporation, Mozilla Foundation|
|Typing discipline:||duck typing|
|Influenced by:||Scheme, Self, Perl, Python|
- Opening or popping up a new window with programmatic control over the size, position and ‘look’ of the new window (i.e. whether or not the menus, toolbars etc are visible).
- validation of web form input values to make sure that they will be accepted before they are submitted to the server.
- Changing images as the mouse cursor moves over them: This effect is often used to draw the user’s attention to important links displayed as graphical elements.
- is visually or otherwise disabled and may be using an unusual browser, a speech browser or may have selected extreme text magnification. For more information on this, see the Web Accessibility Initiative
The Java programming language, in version SE 6 (JDK 1.6), introduced the
 Related languages
ECMAScript was included in the VRML97 standard for scripting nodes of VRML scene description files.
- Nigel McFarlane : Rapid Application Development with Mozilla, Prentice Hall Professional Technical References, ISBN 0-13-142343-6
- ^ RFC 4329
- ^ http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks/
- ^ http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/script/package-summary.html Javadoc for javax.script package
- ^ http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/index.html#scripting javax.script release notes
- ^ Flanagan 5th Edition, Pp 214 et seq
- ^ http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bssx024s(VS.80).aspx JScript development in Microsoft Visual Studio
- ^ http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa202668(office.11).aspx JScript development in Microsoft Office 11 (MS InfoPath 2003)
- ^ http://www.jslint.com/lint.html JSLint help page
 See also
Wikibooks has more about this subject: